My husband was cleaning out the garage and found my diary from 1979. I immediately plopped down on the sofa and started thumbing thru this priceless piece of my history. Before long, I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks! So I immediately posted about it on my facebook page and soon realized that if I wanted to share this I better blog. I have a bad enough addiction to facebook and really didn't want to give anyone a reason to hide me... This is perfect tho, because I've been wanting to blog about something but just couldn't find my angle. I have a business page and a business blog that I've never used, really. I wanted something that was more of an escape because I'm usually consumed with my business and I need a break now and then. I couldn't ask for a Bigger break than getting to travel back in time to 1979. I was 14 years old and in the 8th grade at West Junior High in Muskogee, Oklahoma. I'm going to post every page of this diary...word for word, the good, the bad and the ugly. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and hope doing this will never embarrass my friends (or myself!..) But it is just too good to pass up. And what this can do for me as a mom is exciting to me, too. Maybe I'll understand a little better. Maybe my son will understand me a little better. We'll see. But, to anyone who might find themselves mentioned on these pages, I hope you take this with the love and laughter that is intended. I know that anyone I wrote about in my diary meant something to me.
So, here I go! I hope I don't upset anyone....after all, I'm just a 14-year old girl.
And a blog was born...
No comments:
Post a Comment